Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Are you aware?

Then said I, Woe is me! For I am undone and ruined, because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts! Isaiah 6:5


Isaiah 6:5 had me in tears, it puts all of Gods awesomeness into focus. Isaiah cries "Woe is me! For I am undone and ruined." At that moment I am sure everything was put into perspective. At that moment Isaiah revered God, at that moment Isaiah knew where he stood in HIS presence. He knew who called him, and who breathed life into him.
 
 We see  God in Isaiah as one who brings justice, one who brings peace, and one who is righting wrongs. We've seen Him declare countries desolate, cities burned, and fields being stripped by foreigners (Isaiah 1). He is a God who causes the sun to shine, the rain to fall, the oceans to roar, seas to be parted, and storms to be calmed. We sing songs and praise of how awesome, mighty and powerful Our God is, but do we really get it? Do we know it? Do we let the awesomeness, the mightiness, the powerfulness move us, change us? Breathe life into us?

  This is a God who has numbered every hair on our heads (Matthew 10:30), a God whose invisible qualities, his eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen (Romans 1:20). A God who said and it was. The LORD God who formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, (Genesis 2:7).
  
  One day the LORD in all His splendor and majesty will rise and shake the earth (Isaiah 2:21). He will restore, it will be well with the righteous, they will enjoy the fruit of their deeds (Isaiah 3:10). The LORD alone one day, that day will be exalted and all attention will turn to Him. All shouts to Him declaring how holy He is. Every knee bowing, every tongue confessing. Can you see it? Can you see He patiently waits for us, you, me - all of us to turn to Him.

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. (2 Chronicles 16:9)

   He is a God who loves us, loved us so much that He sent His Son, His only Son to the cross to make a way, a path for us to be in relationship. Are you crying out to Him? Are you in awe? Let this God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob awe you. Awe you into following Him wholeheartedly. 

Also, I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for Us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. Isaiah 6:8.     


Devotional reading, all of Isaiah chapter 6. 
I will continue to write and post how God is growing me as I study this book in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment